Our three Prescott Schools are committed to offering affordable Christian education. The Prescott Schools’ Board of Directors recognises that the differing financial circumstances of families may be a financial impediment to a child being able to enroll and gain a Christian education. To limit this financial impediment the Prescott Schools Scholarship Fund provides an opportunity for students to receive an academic scholarship or bursary to assist with their school fees.
Object and Purpose of the Fund
- To provide financial support, in the form of scholarships, bursaries and prizes, to enable students to be educated at Prescott Schools in South Australia. Students must be Australian citizens or permanent residents and be from an economically or socially disadvantaged background, or be able to demonstrate a special ability, in a specific learning area that can be developed further.
- The Fund provides a number of scholarships, bursaries and prizes for study at Prescott Schools in South Australia, of a minimum value of $500 each, all of which will be awarded to students who satisfy the criteria.
- The Fund will invite and receive deductible contributions from the public to provide the Scholarships.
General Information and criteria
- Current families and new applicants to one of the three Prescott schools may submit an application for a student bursary or academic scholarship by completing the appropriate application form.
- Completed application forms have to be submitted to the principal of the school the child is attending for endorsement before it will be forwarded to the Prescott Schools Scholarship Fund Committee.
- It is incumbent on all applicants to provide all information requested. This application will not be considered unless it is complete and all required documents are verified and ATTACHED when submitting this application form. The Principal will treat the application as strictly confidential and its contents will only be divulged to the Prescott Schools Scholarship Fund Committee.
- All applications will be assessed on an individual basis at the discretion of the Prescott Schools Scholarship Fund Committee.
- Students must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Scholarships/Bursaries are granted to students from an economically or socially disadvantaged background, or have a special ability in a specific learning area that can be further developed.
- Scholarships/Bursaries are granted and reviewed annually, but may be reviewed more often at the Committee’s discretion.
- Scholarships/Bursaries granted are for the current school year only. Reapplication is required for subsequent years.
- Whatever level of funding is granted, the balance of fees must be paid by the due dates.
- Available scholarship/bursary funds will be distributed to benefit as many families as possible.
- Applicants will not receive assistance for the full amount. All recipients are expected to contribute, as able, to the cost of the education of their child.
- Scholarships/Bursaries will be credited on a quarterly basis directly to the student’s fee account.
Recipients: Scholarships will only be awarded to economically and socially disadvantaged students.
Economically disadvantaged: Students will qualify as economically disadvantaged if they qualify for School Card and their parents/guardians taxable income is not more than the School Card threshold plus an additional $10,000.
Socially disadvantaged: Students from single parents, students not living with their parents and refugees.
Academic Scholarships: Scholarships will be granted for one year and will be based on academic merit (students must have a minimum of a 'B' Grade average) and will be paid directly into the school account at the beginning of each term, but subject to the recipient and his/her parents/guardians fulfilling their financial obligations as per mutual agreement. Information on a case by case basis will be sought from school Principals before awarding an Academic Scholarship.
Bursaries: Bursaries will be granted for one year and will be based on financial hardship (Refer to economically disadvantaged) and will be paid directly into the school account at the beginning of each term, but subject to the recipient and his/her parents/guardians fulfilling their financial obligations as per mutual agreement.